German Culture in the European Context from Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi aims to provide postgraduate students with an understanding of the broader scope of the German-speaking culture in Europe, special emphasis being given to Central and Eastern Europe and to the historical interactions and reciprocal influences within the region, developing their openness to scientific innovation and acquaint them with specific scientific domains within Cultural Studies in general and German Studies in particular.
Students at German Culture in the European Context from Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iasi will:
- develop their competencies in research practices and / or in specialised professional activities related with teaching.
- demonstrate progress in critical analysis and expression.
- Central-European Literature in German language
- German Literature from a Comparative Perspective (authors, genres, currents)
- German Schools of Philosophy and Hermeneutics
- Germany after 1945: the Constitutional and Political System
- The Mass Media: Newspapers, Radio, and Television in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland
- German assertions in the Romanian Culture
- Language, Religion, and Culture in the Roman-German Middle Ages
- Literature and Culture. Esthetics and Poetics
- Language and Culture. Semantics and Pragmatics
- Literature and Other Arts
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- One application form duly filled in, with photo;
- Copy of the document certifying the permanent residence in the home country;
- High School Graduation Diploma (Baccalaureate) and Academic Transcript for the high school studies – certified copies
- Graduation Diploma for Bachelor studies and Academic Transcript/Diploma Supplement for BA/BSc studies– certified copies;
- Birth certificate – certified copy;
- Passport - copy;
- Medical certificate (in an international language) to prove that the candidate does not suffer from infectious diseases or other illnesses that are incompatible with the future profession;
- Language certificate.
International250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 250 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA250 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 250 EUR per year during 24 months.
2.700 RON per year
Living costs for Iasi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.