The Medical Studies in English programme
The development of medicine and health care in Croatia is inseparable from the University of Zagreb School of Medicine. Among the distinguished members of the Croatian medicine throughout history, and still today, by far the most doctors who have been or are professors come from the Zagreb School of Medicine.
The objective of the Medical Studies in English program from University of Zagreb is to enroll outstanding students who will understand the theoretical and practical, psychological, sociological, economic and cultural factors that influence health and disease; who would be willing to devote to caring for their patients, to take the necessary actions and to show compassion for the patient. The School of Medicine wants to offer a program that is aimed at students, which integrates basic science, excellent clinical education, professional standards and ethical principles; apply the best methods of education, recognize and reward the best students.
The ZSM wants to create a stimulating intellectual environment, promote scientific and humanitarian aspects of medical practice and at the same time carry out scientific research in the framework of international and national projects that result in the advancement of science, the application in the teaching process and the improvement of health care.
The strategies for the development of the University of Zagreb School of Medicine are based on the core activities of the Faculty and include the following:
- Strategy of promoting quality culture and the development of quality assurance system
- Strategy of quality culture in study programs
- Strategy of student support
- Strategy of development of quality of research
- Strategy of development and use of the IT technologies
- Strategy of development of collaboration at the national level
- Strategy of development of international relations
- Strategy of improvement of infrastructure, management and organization of work
- Medical and Molecular Biology
- Anatomy and Clinical Anatomy
- Medical Sociology
- Experimental Pharmacology and Pathology
- Clinical Oncology
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Clinical Nutrition
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Originals or certified copies of their secondary school certificates (for all the years of secondary school and the final certificate of education) with official transcript of grades.
- Certificates of higher courses or degrees (college/university), if any
- Officially attested English translation of their secondary school/ graduation certificates if these weren’t originally written in English or Croatian.
- Curriculum vitae in English
- 2 photographs, 4×6 cm (not older than six months)
- Application fee in amount of 200 euro payable directly to our account (not by a cheque)
- Original certificate of the medical and psychophysical capabilities to study medicine (not older than 1 month) issued by the competent physician of general medicine (not a family member) and the completed questionnaire.
- Photocopy of relevant passport pages with the data and picture
- English language proficiency certificate (TOEFL, IELTS…).
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 72 months.
EU/EEA12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR per year during 72 months.
Living costs for Zagreb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.