In addition, the competencies in Financial and Actuarial Mathematics Master program at Vilnius University match the requirements of international labor market and the best students are encouraged to publish their works in national and international journals.
Upon completion of the studies, a student may work in the insurance companies, banks, pension and investment funds, consulting firms, government agencies, etc. (e.g., as actuaries, financial analysts, risk assessors, consultants both for Lithuanian and foreign institutions supervising financial and insurance markets).
The graduates can also pursue further studies at the doctoral level in mathematics and/or statistics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Time Series Analysis
- Nonlife Insurance
- Selected Topics in Analysis
- Stochastic Analysis
- Probability Theory and Mathematical Statistics
- Life Insurance. Health Insurance
- Risk Theory
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Applications for studies starting in September are open. The deadlines for applications are:
- June 1st | for applicants from non-EU/EFTA countries and all applicants to Medicine and/or Dentistry study programmes;
- July 15th | for applicants that are not required to obtain a national visa for arrival to Lithuania, as well as for non-EU/EFTA applicants with Lithuanian Embassies in their home countries.
DisciplinesMathematics Financial Mathematics Statistics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least first level studies leading with a bachelor diploma are required
- English language proficiency - the level not lower than B2 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by the Council of Europe);
- Assessment of motivation is held by electronic means remotely
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA4787 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4787 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Vilnius
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- The Grand Duchy of Lithuania Scholarship
- Tuition fee waivers and scholarships to apply before studies
- Scholarships to get during the study period
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.