In this program you'll receive a foundational education in fundamental principles of rock mechanics and geotechnical engineering, as well as practical strata control applications. This degree teaches you practical knowledge to become a mine strata control engineer.
The Master of Mine Geotechnical Engineering at the University of New South Wales degree is designed for professionals working at mine sites and are offered in a flexible delivery format; many are available in distance mode with a limited number of face-to-face workshops/sessions. Assessments include practical site-based assignments, group work, interactive work and presentations.
Who should choose this degree?
This degree teaches you practical knowledge to become a mine strata control engineer. Professionals within the mining industry intending to specialise in this field will choose this degree.
- Rock Behaviour for Underground Mining
- Geotechnical Assessment for Underground Mining
- Mining Excavations in Rock
- Coal Mining Methods, Mine Planning and Applied Geomechanics
- Ground Control Principles and Practice in Underground Coal Mining
- Operational Geotechnical Management
- Geotechnical Data Collection and Analysis
- Hazard Identification, Risk and Safety Management in Mining
- Technology Management in Mining
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 22 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of New South Wales and/or in Australia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission to this program requires completion of the 5059 UNSW Graduate Diploma in Mine Geotechnical Engineering with a minimum 65% average with no fails.
- In exceptional circumstances, students who can demonstrate equivalent prior learning may be approved an alternative entry pathway by written permission.
International49240 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49240 AUD per year during 21 months.
National36480 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36480 AUD per year during 21 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.