This Masters programme provides students with a range of academic and transferable skills that will be a benefit in many careers including teaching; research; consultancy; Geographical Information Systems; and careers in the public sector. We value holistic approaches to learning and active, sustained engagement with issues of societal importance. We challenge our students to develop as spatially-sensitive global citizens and encourage them to be analytical, reflective and critical thinkers. The capacity to engage in collaborative learning and problem-solving is a key competence of our graduates.
The University College Dublin School of Geography provides a high quality learning and research environment for graduate students and has pioneered innovative teaching and learning methodologies in the online and face-to-face environment. As well as small-group seminars, project-based learning and teamwork, fieldwork is a core element of the MA Geography programme.
A series of fieldtrips in Dublin and surroundings emphasising key geographical skills and landscape interpretation.
Solid programme emphasizing a broad training in political, economic, urban, environmental, climate, and physical geography.
Opportunity to undertake an independent research project on a relevant topic chosen in consultation with your supervisor.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Geo-spatial Technologies
- Research Design
- Archaeology & WHM in Ireland
- Critical Geopolitics of Europe
- International Economic Crisis
- Development in Asia
- International Fieldwork
- Urban Rivers.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesGeography View 11 other Masters in Geography in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicant need an undergraduate degree in any academic field, with a preference for fields of study related to your chosen stream with good academic grades (your transcript should include grades for each subject taken).
- Names and contact details of two referees who can assess your intellectual ability, maturity and motivation should also be provided.
- At least one of these should be a member of academic staff at your current institution. The School of Geography recommends that you make your application as early as possible, as late application may mean no further places are available.
International19900 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19900 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7315 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7315 EUR per year and a duration of 12 months.
- EU fee per year - € 4760
- nonEU fee per year - € 9950
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.