The research and design oriented integrated program inquires the subject of all kinds of urban practices that are engendered and produced by cities in general, and the city of Istanbul in particular.
While focusing on architectural issues in the urban context, the program aims to transfer new approaches to the fields of research and practice through the use of critical, experimental, participatory, creative and unique methods. Based on the view that design is an analytical and creative way of thinking, the program aims to present a wide variety of research including approaches from different disciplines and practices. The program offers the students the opportunity to evaluate social, cultural, ecological and technological problems within the framework of different contexts, while encouraging them to deal with complex urban and architectural issues.
The City and Architecture Integrated (Thesis) Master's Program from Ozyegin University has been structured through a holistic understanding of the theory-practice unity of the architectural profession. This understanding can be seen both in the partnerships of the two programs, allowing an integrative approach between courses, workshops, seminars, publications, exhibitions through the unique structures of the programs.
Program Learning Outcomes
The Master's Program in City and Architecture with Thesis aims to provide specialized education to professionals who have received undergraduate education in the disciplines of Architecture, Interior Architecture and Environmental Design, Landscape Architecture and Urban and Regional Planning. The program aims to work with designers and researchers who are able to problematize the needs, and transfer their solution proposals to the research and application fields with critical, experimental, participatory, creative and unique methods through new approaches. To that end, City and Architecture Master's Program collaborates with the ÖZÜ-UHL 'Urban and Housing Research Laboratory.'
- Advanced Design Research Laboratory
- Discourse on City and Architecture
- Metropolis: Utopia-Dystopia
- Architecture and Identity
- Sustainability and Creating a Transformative Culture
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Industrial Design Design View 9 other Masters in Industrial Design in Turkey
- Transcripts: Transcripts showing all courses taken and grades achieved in all higher education institutions the applicant has so far attended to or graduated from.
- Turkish Proficiency Examination Score: Turkish Proficiency Examination Score: International students must also submit their TÖMER Turkish Proficiency Exam Score Reports (at least C1) to prove their proficiency in Turkish.
- Letter of Recommendation: Two letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation must be obtained from the applicant’s instructors and/or previous/current employer.
- Letter of Intent: Essays written about personal or professional purposes, study and research topics. (It must be written in Turkish).
- Supplementary Documents for International Students: Copy of the information page of the passport.
- Portfolio: The applicant must provide a portfolio of their academic background and professional career (if any).
International11550 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11550 EUR per year during 12 months.
National3370 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3370 EUR per year during 12 months.
National students: 50000 Turkish Lira
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.