At a Glance
It provides opportunities for individual study and skills development for the new generation of lawyers to rethink traditional approaches to conflict and its resolution.
As technology, trade and transportation have reduced the signiﬁcance of borders, alternative methods of dispute resolution will increasingly be used in all economic sectors, therefore the need for highly specialised professionals in this field is rapidly expanding.
The International Dispute Resolution programme of the University of Aberdeen will prepare you for a career in the challenging and exciting field of international dispute resolution. It provides a solid foundation in all relevant areas, including both private and public international means of dispute resolution, and will allow you to specialise in your chosen legal field. It offers theoretical and practical courses in international commercial law, litigation, energy and investment arbitration.
You can study this programme with a dissertation to further develop your academic and research skills or alternatively with a professional skills option to further develop your professional skills in arbitration.
- Critical Legal Thinking and Scholarship
- International Commercial Arbitration
- International Arbitration: Energy & Natural Resources
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Law View 394 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
Entry requirements differ slightly depending on the qualification you choose. LLM, PGDip, PGCert
- A 2:1 (upper-second) honours degree (or equivalent) in Law.
- a 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent) in another discipline
- or significant relevant professional experience.
- a full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- a detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular programme
International22400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Aberdeen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.