You will explore core topics such as:
- the background context and theoretical concepts, from data collection to decision making
- mathematical and statistical methods and their real-world applications within this domain
- data wrangling with a focus on big data
Throughout the Data Science programme from University of Essex Online , you will develop a number of programs and applications, and the course will focus on the programming languages Python, SQL and R. Towards the end of your studies, there will be the opportunity to progress onto a PG Dip or the full Masters.
Why we’re great
- This programme will equip you with all the tools and knowledge needed to make data-driven decisions in any industry.
- There’s no need to download lots of different software packages – all programming languages are included within the tuition fee and all work is carried out in our online development environment.
- This conversion course will enable you to access the broad range of data science vacancies, even if you don’t have a computing background.
Organisations worldwide are collecting more data than ever before, but there is a significant skills shortage. Many companies don’t have employees who know how to derive meaningful insights from it, and convert that information into valuable actions. This programme will develop those skills and prepare you for roles such as Data Scientist, Big Data Analyst, Data Modeller, among others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Data Professional
- Numerical Analysis
- Deciphering Big Data
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 102 other Masters in Computer Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our PG Cert Data Science, as a minimum you must have an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification.
- In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our PG Cert Data Science, you must have at least three years’ relevant work experience in IT or computer science.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3945 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3945 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
National3945 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3945 GBP for the full programme during 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.