You can study this course in the following languages, all paired with English: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
This Interpreting course from London Metropolitan University provides tuition in conference interpreting and public service interpreting (PSI) relating to English law.
If you are solely interested in conference interpreting, our Conference Interpreting PG Dip or Conference Interpreting MA provide a dedicated conference interpreting training for the European Union and United Nations context. Instead, this course offers a public service interpreting (English law) module.
You'll be assessed through a variety of essays, presentations, practical interpreting performances, role-play (PSI), self and peer evaluations, plus reflective portfolios.
- Consecutive interpreting (English into A, or C1 into English)
- Consecutive interpreting (A into English or C2 into English)
- Interpreting Theory and Interpreting Assignment Preparation Strategies
- Simultaneous interpreting (A<>English , or C1 and C2 into English)
- The Interpreters Professional Environment (with Placement)
- Public Service Interpreting (English law)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 458 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
- a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in translation, interpreting, modern languages or related field
- near native or native knowledge of the English language
- near native proficiency in your chosen paired language
- good command of the second foreign language (if applicable)
International9540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9540 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7080 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
UK students part time: £1,180 per 20 credit module
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.