We offer this course in the following languages paired with English: Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.Become a professional conference interpreter with this postgraduate diploma.
In this Conference Interpreting program from London Metropolitan University you’ll gain practical experience in our state-of-the-art interpreting suite, which has the same technology as those used by renowned international institutions such as the EU and the UN. Plus you’ll have opportunities to learn outside of the classroom on guided trips around London and possibilities to travel internationally to visit places such as the United Nations in Geneva, the Court of Justice of the European Union in Luxembourg, or the European Commission in Brussels.
Our expertise in innovative technology is key to this course. We’ve developed partnerships with external organisations that provide opportunities for remote interpreting practice, meaning you’ll gain experience of using online interpreting platforms too.
- Consecutive interpreting (English into A, or C1 into English)
- Consecutive interpreting (A into English or C2 into English)
- Interpreting Theory and Interpreting Assignment Preparation Strategies
- Simultaneous interpreting (A<>English , or C1 and C2 into English)
- The Interpreters Professional Environment (with Placement)
- Conference Interpreting (EU/UN Context)
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 458 other Masters in Languages in United Kingdom
- a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in translation, interpreting, modern languages or related field
- native or near native knowledge of the English language
- near native proficiency in your chosen paired language
- good command of the second foreign language (if applicable)
International9540 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9540 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7080 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7080 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
UK Part time: £1,180 per 20 credit module
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.