The Medical and Healthcare Education course at Anglia Ruskin University is designed for registered professionals from across the healthcare sector, who are engaged in teaching or learning as part of their professional role. Reflecting the needs of our learners, our programme is delivered face to face in Cambridge and Chelmsford, as well as entirely online.
Designed to reflect the current trends and practices in health professions education, the Masters is aligned to the UK Professional Standards Framework for Higher Education allowing you to apply for Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
This course will provide opportunities for you to engage with key principles and philosophies of teaching and learning, which you can apply in your specific professional context. You’ll be supported through this process through a range of activities and formative assessments, complemented by individual tutorials that encourage personal reflection and goal setting, developing you as an independent learner. Further to this you’ll be given the opportunity to develop specialist skills in healthcare education relating to your field, culminating in a research project in an area of your choice. You’ll have direct access to a Faculty with a wealth of experience in delivering healthcare education, who will support you in addressing an authentic research problem.
The course is designed to support those already facilitating learning as part of their employment in the healthcare professions.
On this course you’ll develop an educational, training or mentoring role in your sector of healthcare. It’ll help your career path in education alongside clinical practice, enhancing your role in your team and enabling you to make a real difference.
- Principles of Medical and Healthcare Education
- Philosophies of Medical and Healthcare Education
- Principles of Simulation in Medical and Healthcare Education
- Specialist Techniques for Medical and Healthcare Education
- Global Leadership
- Advancing Professional Decision Making
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It can take up to four weeks to consider applications, so we recommend you apply at least a month before your preferred start date.
DisciplinesHealth Education View 8 other Masters in Health Education in United Kingdom
- Candidates will require a minimum of three years' post-professional registration/experience and a minimum of a 2:2 degree honours.
- Students must be registered practitioners in the field of health or social care. It is anticipated therefore that students undertaking the course will currently be employed in professional practice and will be engaged in facilitating teaching and learning as part of their professional role.
International7250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7250 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4600 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4600 GBP per year during 24 months.
Distance learning students (per year): £3,518
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.