The COVID-19 pandemic has emphasised the critical role Biomedical Scientists play in healthcare and the wider society; developing tests, performing laboratory investigations, researching novel disease and developing treatments. RGU is the first university in Scotland offering this course through online delivery.
A Master’s level degree is essential to progress to a senior laboratory role within the NHS and is therefore an attractive option if you’re looking to progress in your career.
The Biomedical Science course from Robert Gordon University will produce highly knowledgeable and skilled graduates who are equipped for a career in Biomedical Science, enabling lifelong learning and professional development.
A Master’s level degree is considered essential in order to progress to a senior laboratory role as per NHS Agenda for Change therefore this degree is needed if you’re looking to progress within a hospital laboratory.
A Master’s level degree is also transferrable, and has value in the wider industrial perspective. The course also fulfils the required qualifications to become a Chartered Scientist (CSci), which will demonstrate your ability to lead, use specialist knowledge and an appreciation of the application of science and technology to design, develop and improve laboratory provision.
- You will learn the key scientific principles underpinning the biomedical sciences and develop a systemic knowledge of core cellular and molecular processes underlying health and disease in more of the core pathology specialisms of biomedical science. You will have the option to study one of the following: Advanced Biomedical Practice in Blood Science, Cellular Science, or Infection Science.
- You will develop your ability to communicate and critically evaluate current advances in biomedical science. You will also develop professional skills in the design, analysis, interpretation and crucial appraisal of research studies.
- You will develop your knowledge of human factors and ergonomics and an advanced understanding of evidence-based tools and techniques to improve the reliability and safety of healthcare systems and processes.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
Deadlines are agreed for individual courses. Make sure you apply in time to be sure of your chance of a place.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Human Medicine View 224 other Masters in Human Medicine in United Kingdom
- Applicants should normally hold a 2:2 undergraduate honours degree in a relevant science subject area such as, but not limited to, Forensic Science, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences or Life Sciences and must include Biology and Chemistry.
- Applicants with a lower degree classification and / or relevant work experience will be considered on a case by case basis
International16440 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16440 GBP per year during 12 months.
National6200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6200 GBP per year during 12 months.
Rest of UK and EU students
- Full Time : £6,200
- Part Time: £3,100
- Part Time: £8,220
- Part Time: £3,100
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.