Its aim is to provide two key ingredients for early-career researchers – transferable research skills and expertise in your chosen subject. You'll undertake an original project with experienced supervisors, and join the day-to-day life of a research group.
You'll develop the knowledge and skills needed to be an effective researcher, and prepare a publication-quality manuscript, grant application and conference presentation.
You can start this course in October or February (full time only in February)
What you will experience?
- Learn research preparation skills such as personal effectiveness, research management, professional skills, networking, research organisation, science communication and impact
- Complete an extended scientific laboratory- or fieldwork-based research project
- Be supported by enthusiastic and qualified staff, who will help you develop advanced research skills
- Use our specialist laboratories, equipment and instruments
- Graduate with the skills and abilities needed for a career as a professional researcher
- PhD study
- Research assistant
- Laboratory management
- Science communication
- Specialist STEM research
- Wider R&D sector jobs
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Project module
- Research Preparation module
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences View 1618 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 or first class honours degree in a relevant subject. If, instead, you have two or more years experience in a STEM job already, you are also eligible to apply. Please check the course details online for information about subject specialisms that can be supported.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.