Sport and Exercise Science from Edge Hill University will also be highly relevant for those working in community and professional sport, including coaches, current and former athletes, and sports support staff. A distinguishing feature of the course is its applied and multidisciplinary approach, which provides a greater opportunity to examine factors affecting performance in real-world settings. You will learn using contemporary laboratory equipment, gain experience of professional practice, and hone transferable skills that support career development and enhance your employability. The curriculum combines both core and optional modules. This allows you to combine knowledge, understanding and practical techniques in the application of sport and exercise science with the opportunity to explore strength and conditioning, or mental health awareness in community or elite sport.
A range of career opportunities exist within the health and fitness industry. These include roles such as personal trainers, fitness and health consultants, the GP referral scheme, and physical activity programme coordinators. You could also work in applied sports sciences, for national governing bodies of sport, or the British Olympic Associates. In addition, specialised sports science support and performance managers are increasingly being sought by universities and commercial ventures.
- Explore strength and conditioning,
- Mental health awareness in community sport,
- Mental health awareness for performance sport athletes.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Academic Skills and Data Description
- Integrated, Professional and Applied Skills in Sport and Exercise Science
- Sport Biomechanics and Kinesiology
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Sports Sciences Kinesiology View 68 other Masters in Kinesiology in United Kingdom
- You should have a degree equivalent to UK first-class or upper second-class honours (2:1 or above) in a relevant sports-related discipline. GCSE English Language and GCSE Mathematics at Grade C or Grade 4 or above (or equivalent) are also required.
- English Language Requirements
International13500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Tuition fees for part-time study on this MSc are £39 per credit for UK students. This is equivalent to £780 per 20 credit module.
Living costs for Cambridge
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.