On this two-year course you will develop a sophisticated and progressive approach to architectural design. Teaching and design projects are centred on a set of priorities that include social and ethical architectural practice, user and community participation, environmental sustainability, ecological forms of construction, and innovative and alternative models of architectural practice. The course promotes and delivers excellence in building and urban design, and explores architecture as a complex, interdisciplinary and dynamic ecology. You’ll graduate not only with a Part 2 architecture qualification, but with a rigorously developed and creatively explored position within the discipline.
This Architecture course at Sheffield Hallam University prepares you for a career in
- planning and urban design
- various spatial practices
- research and academia
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Design Studio
- Sustainable City Ecologies A
- The Praxis Of Architecture 1: Theory And Recent History
- The Praxis Of Architecture 2: Expanding Practice
- Integrated Practice
- The Praxis Of Architecture 3: Developing Your Agenda For Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 121 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United Kingdom
- Typically an Honours degree in Architecture, 2:2 or above, with RIBA Part 1 validation and ARB prescription, or Equivalent European qualifications, satisfying the EU Architects Directive 85/384/EEC.
- In addition to the above, in all cases, suitability for entry will be judged by panel interview with presentation of design portfolio of academic work and where relevant, practice based work.
- International or non-EU applicants will need to have a qualification from one of the RIBA Validated International Schools. A high level of English language competence will be required to complete the award successfully.
- If the language in which the first degree was taught is not English then typically IELTS 6.5 will be required.
International15860 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15860 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.