About this programme
Explore the future of philosophy with Staffordshire University. In our unique MA Philosophy of Nature, Information and Technology you will delve into various eras of philosophical importance, applying theories and practices to modern 21st century issues – giving you a fresh and scientific perspective to take into your lifestyle and career. Learn more with this master of Philosophy of Nature, Information and Technology from Staffordshire University.
Our research-driven course pays particular attention to new materialisms, feminist epistemologies, cyborg philosophy, process philosophy and to a range of contemporary and historical figures whose work brings insight into the world of today and the challenges posed by the age of technology and information. What’s more, with our course, you’ll have the chance to demonstrate your knowledge, and to develop perspectives on problems that demand our attention today, such as our relation the nature and the transformation of what we understand as human through new technology.
This course is delivered entirely online through our innovative distance learning study method. This means that wherever you are in the world, and whatever your working, social, or domestic commitments are – you have the chance to study to make a difference to your lifestyle, career opportunities and interpretation of today’s digital world.
On successful completion of study, we will issue the following award: MA Philosophy of Nature, Information and Technology
- In a typical full-time course, our MA Philosophy of Nature, Information and Technology is broken up into three semesters, each contributing to your final qualification.
- In your first semester you will to examine ontological perspectives on relations and networks in the module The Mirror Universe and Relational Ontology. During the first semester you’ll also have the option to choose between two 20-credit modules that include Posthumanism and Technology and Knowledge and Politics.
- 13 months
- 22 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
The earlier you apply, the better. International applicants are encouraged to apply for courses at the beginning of the academic year.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Environmental Sciences View 54 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
- Honours degree of 2:2 or above, or relevant professional experience.
- Language level must be at least IELTS 6-6.5 or equivalent. However, you’ll be considered if you have a level of fluency to meet the needs of the course.
- The course is delivered through digital platforms so internet access is a requirement.
International7836 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8490 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
National7836 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8490 GBP for the full programme during 13 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.