The Creative Music Technologies programme at Maynooth University is concerned with a range of areas relating to music technology, including composition, sound recording and engineering, computer music programming, and acoustics.
The MA offers full use of computer resources at the Music Technology Labs at Maynooth University; access to studio space, with the possibility of working towards recording and production projects; opportunities to have compositions performed; individual tutorial time with a designated advisor; expert advice on musical and technical issues from composers and researchers at the cutting edge of their fields.
Recent graduates have been employed in the following areas:
- PhD study in electronic music composition
- PhD study in musical interface design
- Music software development
- Music Production
- Sound engineering
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Acoustics & Psychoacoustics
- Creative Interactive Computing
- Software Sound Synthesis
- Sound Recording Techniques
- Styles & Ideas
- Musical Signal Processing
- Aesthetics of 20th/21st Century Music
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic General Engineering & Technology View 51 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Ireland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Honours degree normally with a minimum of Grade 2.1. Students with a primary degree other than Music would normally have to demonstrate some degree of musical training and affinity. Interview required.
- Applicants must have a recognised primary degree which is considered equivalent to Irish university primary degree level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA6500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6500 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Maynooth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.