The role of a successful sports analyst has changed in recent years, as new technologies enable the fine-tuning of athletic performance like never before.
Successful analysts are still required to produce and evaluate complex datasets. However, they now play a more integral role in athletic success, connecting player and coach using insight and consultancy to refine athletic performance in real time.
This Applied Performance Analysis in Sport postgraduate degree at Hartpury College provides the ideal opportunity for you to reach the top of your game as an analyst.
Alongside a guaranteed work placement with one of our performance sports academies and an external work placement, you’ll benefit from expert lecturers and world-class facilities including a dedicated performance analysis suite and the latest technologies.
With both full and part-time learning options, you could study alongside existing employment or other commitments. As a graduate, you'll be ready to progress directly into the field of performance analysis, whether with green site sports venues or high-level performance sports settings.
Studying a postgraduate certificate or diploma is ideal for those who want to complete a specific part of a master’s degree, without the academic research.
This applied degree is focused on deveoping your skills in the real-world, whether with our perfromance sports teams and athletes on campus or an external business as part of your work placement. You'll also hear from professionals in lectures to broaden your knowledge and commercial networks.
- The master’s degree focuses on the application of performance analysis principles into practice. You will learn how to set up equipment and performance analysis coding templates and apply this knowledge in your work placements.
- You’ll learn how to design and implement performance sports metrics, using global software Hudl SportsCode and Nacsport. You’ll develop skills across different software and systems, and get to grips with modern equipment including IP cameras, live broadcasting technology and drones.
- You’ll undertake two work placements while studying to enable you to test your ideas and develop real industry skills. A 60-hour placement will be with one of our performance Sports Academy teams – a safe and supported environment for you to implement ideas and test skills. You’ll critique contemporary approaches to analysis and the research that underpins it.
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSports Management Data Science & Big Data Sports Sciences View 416 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
2:1 honours degree in a relevant subject. Students with 2:2 and relevant experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
Students with non-relevant qualifications but with sufficient work experience or professional experience will be considered on an individual basis.
International13000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Postgraduate Diploma: £6,000
- Postgraduate Certificate: £3,000
Living costs for Gloucester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.