It is very difficult to generalise about the career paths of the Philosophy and Literature MA graduates from University College Dublin. A small number continue into PhD programmes both at UCD and abroad. Others have gone into journalism, the civil service, arts management, secondary school teaching, and the corporate world.
- Unique combination of philosophy and literature
- Close attention from dissertation supervisor
- Vibrant academic and social community.
- Newman - a philosophical perspective
- Themes in American Philosophy
- Feminism & Gender Theory
- Heidegger from Dasein to the Kehre
- Concepts of Modernity
- Theory of Gender & Sexuality
- Translation Theory.
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Applications are assessed on a rolling basis and courses will close once they are filled.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Literature View 27 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must present an undergraduate degree in either Philosophy or a Literature. If the undergraduate degree is in literature, you should have at least two courses in literary theory, each with a grade of at least B- (60%). An overall grade of B- (60%) in your undergraduate degree (to be confirmed by a transcript); two academic letters of reference; a sample of philosophical or literary-theoretical writing, such as an undergraduate essay.
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also demonstrate English language proficiency of IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0 in each element), or equivalent.
International20500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20500 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA7610 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7610 EUR per year during 12 months.
- EU fee per year - €4,950
- Non-EU fee per year - €10,250
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.