- The African Business Studies programme from Thomas More prepares you to manage the fundamentally different challenges businesses face in the African markets or when working with African partners and companies.
- Designed to be relentlessly practical, this unique programme combines business expertise with African political, economic and cultural understanding.
- Participants will receive intensive lectures from experts with thorough knowledge of the Africa business environment.
- At the end, the programme concludes with multiple opportunities for participants to pitch their business ideas to local and international investors for seed funding.
- Upon completion of the programme, participants will be awarded a certificate in African Business Studies.
- You can take a module or follow the complete program which will be run for a year.
- The certificate programme African Business Studies (ABS) is offered by the Centre for African Business Studies at the Thomas More University of Applied Science, Mechelen Belgium.
Aims of the programme
- To learn to do business with Africa’s five regions
- Understanding of global business with an African regional focus spanning across East, West, Centre, North, South of Africa.
- To understand the importance of the African Continental Free Trade Agreement
- To analyse foreign trade (Import, Export) and foreign direct investment flows in the African countries
- Understanding of intercultural business practices in the different regions
- Understanding of local culture in North, East, South, West, Centre Africa
- Understanding the fastest growing region in the world
- Understanding a growing middle class of approximately 400 million people
The rise in global trade means that there is a growing demand for young managers with an international and regional focus. With a Postgraduate In African Business Studies diploma, the world will be open to you.
- Trade Advisor to EU, UK, US & Asian businesses expanding to Africa
- Import & Export manager
- Business Consultant
- Sales manager
- Business development manage
- Marketing manager
- Public relation manager
- CSR manager
- Logistic manager
- Entrepreneur-creating your own business/service/brand etc.
- African Business Systems: State, Institutions and the Global Economy.
- African Business Societies from a Comparative Perspective North, South, East, West & Centre.
- Intercultural business practices.
- Marketing, sales, and consumer behaviours.
- Import and Export Management.
- Workshops/ projects with partner embassies/ guest lectures on diverse topics (sustainability, financial management, human resource management, corporate social responsibility).
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
There are no deadlines for EEA candidates.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies International Business View 31 other Masters in Management Studies in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Only students who already obtained a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree can apply for this Postgraduate programme.Additional conditions
- cv (resume)
- Motivation letter (stating why you would like to join the postgraduate programme) which will be assessment by the study counselors committee.
- In addition to the cv/motivation assessment, the study counsellors committee can request an extra (Skype) interview.
International3100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3100 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA1990 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1990 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Antwerpen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.