This Master's degree in Materials Science and Engineering - BIOSURF offers a cross-disciplinary approach to biomimicry: biomimicry and ecological transition, manufacturing and functionalisation of surfaces, digital sciences. It provides theoretical learning based on numerous practical activities as practical work or projects in connection with the SURFAB technical platform.
This training leads to careers in industrial R&D, academic research and higher education, interdisciplinary project manager. The sectors of activity concerned are energy, transport (land, aeronautics, maritime), medical and materials.
The disciplinary fields cover engineering, materials, surface science, surface treatments, surface engineering and biomaterials.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basic scientific courses: mathematics, computer science, biomimicry, biology, materials, physical measurements.
- Surface science advanced courses: tribology and bio-inspiration, surface manufacturing (high temperature processes), surface characterisation, wetting and capillary.
Surface science advanced courses: Surface manufacturing (3D additive manufacturing, femtosecond laser texturing), characterisation of surfaces and nanostructures, multiscale numerical sciences, climate change.
Biomimetics, Interface, Tribology, Bioinspiration and Materials Science and Engineering
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
2nd application session open from March 15th to April 11th 2022. The campus France procedure was compulsory for international students (deadline 01/01/22)
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Physics Mechanical Engineering View 36 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students or engineering students in materials science, chemistry, physics, biology. Bachelor or 1st year of Master diploma.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
- Copy of your passport or identity document
- Passport or identity photo
- An academic reference from one of your professors, from the last year of yourlatest academic programme
- A reference from your employer if you are not currently registered as a student
- Transcript of your academic results for the current year (Bachelor or Masters programme) and for all the preceding years of your university programmes.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lyon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.