What you'll learn
- Key themes and debates that shape policy and practice associated with intelligence and covert investigations
- Critical areas of contemporary concern within the field including effectiveness, value, lawfulness, risks and ethics
- HUMINT collection, the elicitation of intelligence, investigative interview models, covert techniques, underpinning legislation, oversight mechanisms, intelligence sharing and analysis.
- The main conceptual and theoretical debates within the discipline of covert investigation and specialist intelligence and then apply them to current security issues at a local, national and global level
How is the course assessed?
- To successfully complete the Covert Investigation and Specialist Intelligence programme from Liverpool John Moores University you must pass each module.
- Assessment will incorporate coursework, online examinations, research assignments and essays.
- You will also be expected to participate in the virtual learning environment with tutors and fellow students.
- There will be no examinations requiring attendance at a venue.
- Human Intelligence: HUMINT
- Forensic Elicitation of Intelligence
- Covert Techniques: Legislation and Operational Capability
- Research Methods
- Case Studies in Intelligence Success and Failure
- Operational Ethics
- Intelligence Analysis
- Investigative Interviewing
- 27 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Forensic Science View 54 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United Kingdom
- A relevant second class honours degree or above (such as in criminology, social or political science), or an overseas equivalent qualification is normally required.
- Alternatively a graduate level professional qualification of comparable standard and suitable work experience (such as policing, security or military work) may be accepted.
- Proficiency in English – where English is a second language you will be required to demonstrate a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 or a TOEFL score of 575.
- In some cases applicants who do not possess the standard entry requirements may be permitted to enrol at the discretion of the programme leader.
International3553 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7995 GBP for the full programme during 27 months.
National3553 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7995 GBP for the full programme during 27 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.