Forensic Science covers a broad range of topics, from the statistical evaluation of glass evidence to the development of new molecules to aid in the visualisation of fingerprint residues. You will learn key skills in forensic searching and chemical and biological analysis.
As a graduate of the Master of Forensic Science programme at University of Auckland you will be skilled in a focused area of expertise, and better equipped to find employment in your chosen field. The MSc is a vital qualification if you want to pursue employment in a research-led area, or progress further academically.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Concepts in Forensic Science
- Statistics and Molecular Biology for Forensic Science
- Techniques and Applications for Forensic Science
- Environmental Forensic Science
- Project in Forensic Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
120 or 240
DisciplinesBiology Forensic Science Statistics View 22 other Masters in Biology in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Taught/Research 120 points
- You must have completed one year of postgraduate study, following an undergraduate degree, at a recognised university (or similar institution), in a similar field to your intended specialisation. You will need a GPE of 5.0.
Taught/Research 240 points
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree in science in a similar field to your intended specialisation at a recognised university (or similar institution) with a GPE of 5.0.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28368 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28368 USD per year during 12 months.
National5056 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5056 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,625.60 – $9,996
- International: NZ$48,386 – $48,622
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.