Different from common departments of biosciences, the Department of Biotechnology and Bioindustry Sciences at National Cheng Kung University stands out for its integrated and synergistic approach. We focus not only on integrating hard science with industrial application, but also on training students to understand the demands of bio-industry. Specifically, DBBS emphasizes training for background knowledge of nature science, engineering, medical science, and management. We guide students to appreciating the profession of biotechnology and to analyzing demands of bio-industry, which prepare them for integrated biotech research or industry.
What you will learn
DBBS is comprised of two scholastic groups: (1) agriculture and aquaculture biotech group and (2) biomedical biotech group. Our teaching and research thus include industrial analysis, management and marketing of biotech innovations, as well as training for integrating academics and industry.
Core courses of DBBS cover fields of biosciences, molecular biology, biochemistry, biostatistics, genomics, bioinformatics, bioengineering, biophysical chemistry, industrial analysis, management of biotech innovations, intellectual properties, etc. We believe that the world will be in want of talents fostered in DBBS.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Molecular Biology
- Advanced Topics in Biotechnological Research
- Advanced Cell Biology
- Theoretical Ecology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Ecological Modeling Special Topics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate applicants should have basic Chinese skills in listening, speaking, reading and writing.
- Online application form
- The highest degree diploma verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, or missions abroad or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
- If the diploma is not in Chinese or English, a notarized copy of a translation in English or Chinese is required
- Official transcripts
- Financial statement
- Identity card and/or passport, ROC alien resident certificate (if available), and Certificate of R.O.C. Non-Household Registration, or other credentials (if applicable)
- Study plan: education background, research interest, motivations for further study, etc.
- English proficiency
- English(/Chinese) autobiography
International2818 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1409 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Foreign and Mainland Chinese students: NTD 39600 per semester
Living costs for Tainan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.