The Condensed Matter Physics at MEGA-Science Facilities programme offered at Saint-Petersburg State University is aimed at teaching specialists in condensed matter physics. Their qualifications enable them to solve research and engineering problems in various fields of modern physics, chemistry, biology, and materials science. Thanks to the development of new types of neutron and synchrotron sources, the possibilities of diffraction methods, spectroscopy, small-angle scattering, and reflectometry have recently expanded significantly in a wide range of spatial scales and energies.
Graduates of the programme will be in demand in: MEGA-class research centres – neutron and synchrotron research centres in Russia and worldwide; information technology; nano- and biotechnology. Graduates of the programme will be able to have successful careers in physics as: physicist-researchers and physicist-engineers; and teachers of higher education institutions. They will also be able to design and develop high technologies in government and business entities.
- Role of Social Sciences and Humanities in Contemporary Natural Sciences;
- Cognitive Sciences
- History and Methodology of Physics
- Layered Structures, Polymers and Colloids: Small-Angle Scattering and Reflectometry of Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation
- Structure and Properties of Macromolecules, Liquid Crystals, Colloids and Biological Molecules
- Scientific Seminar ‘Role of Social Sciences and Humanities in Contemporary Natural Science’
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Government-funded basis: 21 May
- Fee-paying (contractual) basis: 25 June
DisciplinesPhysics Natural Sciences Cognitive Sciences View 26 other Masters in Physics in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An application form for an educational programme. The application is filled in and uploaded to the Personal Account
- An original Credential (document of education) and its supplements with grades/marks. The educational documents should be properly prepared to be submitted in the Russian Federation.
- A copy of an identity document. Please note that your passport should have validity of minimum 18 months at the time your studies at SPbU begin.
- Admissions tests for main programmes are in form of competitive selection of documents (Portfolio) except entry exams for Specialist degree program General medicine and Stomatology.
International3472 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3472 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3072 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3072 EUR per year during 24 months.
- For citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus: 256,500 rubles
- For international students including stateless persons: 289,900 rubles
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.