You will develop an awareness of the ways in which intelligence issues manifest themselves in security issues in peace and war. You will also gain an understanding of ethical dilemmas associated with intelligence activity.
- The MA Intelligence and International Security at King's College London is excellent preparation for employment in government service or in commercial risk management and open-source intelligence providers.
- You will be taught by visiting academics, serving and former officials and other intelligence experts who give regular public lectures and seminars.
- Enables you to examine the nature, processes, roles and case studies of intelligence and their interaction with developments in international security.
- You have the advantage of attending events run by the Intelligence and International Security Research Group which provides a platform for sharing ideas.
War Studies Graduates go on to work for NGOs, the FCO, the MOD, the Home Office, NATO, the UN or pursue careers in journalism, finance, academia, the diplomatic services, the armed forces and more. Recent posts held by our alumni include Threat Analyst, Director of Political Violence.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Armchair Intelligence – Open Sources & Online Investigation
- Cyber Security
- Home grown Radicalisation & Counter-Radicalisation in Western Europe & North America
- Past & Present of British Intelligence
- Preventing Violent Radicalisation
- Wars within Wars: Intelligence Wars, Dirty Wars & Secret Wars
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Terrorism & Security View 422 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
- Undergraduate degree with high 2:1 honours (i.e. overall average of at least 67% across all years of study) in history, international relations, political science, economics or other appropriate subject.
- A personal statement of up to 4,000 characters (maximum 2 pages) is required.
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing the subjects studied and marks obtained.
- Two references are required with at least one academic.
- Applicants may wish to include a CV (Resume) or evidence of professional registration as part of their application.
International26550 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26550 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 14700 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
- Home/EU fees: £7,350 per year
- Overseas fees: £13,275 per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.