What you will learn
The Producing for Film, Television and New Media MA programme offered at Hong Kong Baptist University, as first of its kind in the Greater China Region, is set up to meet the escalating demand for the professionals who command high-level of language proficiency with in-depth knowledge and understanding of the film, television and new media industry production process (e.g. planning, finance, project development, producing, distribution, promotion, public relations & marketing and theatre management etc.).
It is a professional programme aiming at nurturing students to be the future producers and executives in the concerned industries with regards to the growing trends.
- Financial Management for Film, Television and New Media
- Promotion, Advertising and Distribution for Film, Television and New Media
- Law, and Film, Television and New Media
- Script Analysis for the Producer
- Media Arts
- Case Studies in Production and the Market
- Overview of New Media Contents and its Future: Internet Movie, Drama Series and Short Video
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- rolling admission policy
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Video Games & Animation Media Studies & Mass Media View 10 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in Hong Kong (SAR)
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university or institution
- Personal particulars: copy of passport or identity document issued by the applicant's home country
- Language Proficiency: valid IELTS or TOFEL test result (if English is not the medium of instruction for your bachelor degree)
- References: contact information of 2 referees or 2 reference letters written by 2 referees (with referee's signature); referees must be able to speak of the applicant's ability to undertake academic work at an advanced level or professional capability
- Personal statement in English (no more than 500 words): Outline of academic interest and development orientation
International19914 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19914 USD per year during 12 months.
National19914 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19914 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hong Kong
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.