Subjects covered in the Hospital Pharmacy programme of Trinity College Dublin include medical and surgical therapeutics, medicines information, pharmacoeconomics, purchasing skills, good manufacturing practice and aseptics, immunology and biotechnology. Management issues as they relate to hospital pharmacy and the broader context of healthcare systems are also addressed.
Coursework is underpinned by a comprehensive practice-based element where students rotate through a variety of specialist areas to ensure that broad, practical experience is obtained in such areas as medicines information, dispensary, aseptic compounding and clinical specialities.
Assessment is on a continual basis through formal examinations, written assignments, oral presentations and competency-based assessments. Students are required to undertake a research project and must demonstrate research competency. Research and methodological skills are addressed in a dedicated module that also covers an introduction to statistical evaluation. This is a two-year, part-time course with lectures and tutorials taking place on one half day per week in central locations. Courses are conducted on a biennial basis.
- Practice of Hospital Pharmacy
- Medical therapeutics I & II & Surgical therapeutics
- Medical Specialities Part I & II
- Health Services Management
- Research Module
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Pharmacy View 82 other Masters in Human Medicine in Ireland
- Eligible candidates must hold a first or second-class honors (upper division) degree in pharmacy, have experience working in hospital pharmacy practice and be registered (or eligible to be registered) with the Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland prior to the January start date.
- Please note that for applications to this course two references are required; one academic and one non-academic.
- Please note that some students will have to attend interviews in order to compete for clinical placements.
International10659 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10659 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA5327 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5327 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Dublin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.