The student teachers on this course learn these skills in both stimulated and professional practice contexts which are underpinned by the philosophy of interdisciplinary learning. This results in teachers who are thoughtful, critical and more importantly prepared for the challenges of teaching within higher education. Students are required to maintain a portfolio throughout the course and are required to complete 100 hours of teaching practice (80 hours classroom teaching and 20 hours clinical teaching).
The programme takes place over two years on a part-time basis. A blended learning approach is utilised in the delivery of theoretical content, including lectures, group discussion, Blackboard and self-directed learning. The assessment process used is a combination of written and practical assignments. In year one, students develop their knowledge and skills in health sciences education while year two concentrates on research and the completion of dissertation.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses Included:
- The Psychology and Sociology of Education
- Theory and Practice of Clinical Health Sciences Education
- Facilitating Learning in the Practice Environment
- Curriculum Issues in Health Sciences Education
- Theory and Practice of Research Methods for Healthcare
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences View 120 other Masters in Health Sciences in Ireland
Entry Requirement for interdisciplinary healthcare applicants
- Registration as a health services professional with the appropriate body and working in a relevant area and
- an honours degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent professional and academic qualifications and
- a minimum of three years full-time recent clinical experience practice or equivalent since registration. This experience must be where learners are undertaking placements.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.