- With this master of Science Specialisation Astrophysics at University of Southern Queensland you will gain discipline knowledge and research project experience and widely useful scientific, numerical and critical analysis skills.
About thie Program
- This degree combines coursework and research giving you the opportunity to further develop your skills with four units of research.
- You will have the opportunity to decide between two different pathways of study in your masters degree:
- Research Project track — the Research Project track equips you with research skills and allows you to develop a research thesis through a project in your chosen disciplinary application area.
- Research Training track — the Research Training track allows you to develop your research capability and gain specialised cognitive and technical skills to prepare for a professional career in science.
- You will have access to USQ’s remote-access facilities, including the Mt Kent Observatory, a facility for astronomical research and education operated by USQ, in partnership with the University of Louisville in Kentucky, USA, and Automated Patrol Telescopes Australia Pty Ltd, in addition to a High-Performance Computing cluster.
- Astronomy at USQ is a significant part of a physical sciences research cluster that has consistently rated as world class in Excellence in Research in Australia (ERA) assessments.
- Students enrolled in the Master of Science (Astrophysics) can apply to exit their studies early with a Graduate Certificate of Science after completion of four units of study.
- As the global space industry supports a range of jobs beyond specialised space scientists and engineers, this degree accommodates those from a range of backgrounds seeking knowledge and skills relevant to international and emerging Australian space industry opportunities.
- This degree provides professional development for a scientist working for industry or government, technician working in a laboratory or in the field, practicing teacher or provider of scientific or technical services.
- Asset Management in an Engineering Environment
- Property Development
- Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- GIS Programming and Visualisation
- Geographic Information Systems
- Spatial Analysis and Modelling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- You can apply throughout the year and for courses that start in three different semesters
- Apply early, to make sure you secure a place
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics Astronomy & Space Sciences View 9 other Masters in Physics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 3-year Bachelor degree from an Australian university or equivalent. or
- equivalent professional work experience, as determined through the Credit and Exemption procedure.
International37600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37600 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29600 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29600 AUD per year during 24 months.
- Commonwealth supported: AUD 8021
- External/Online: AUD 37600
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.