The four modules have been have been externally reviewed by an external expert in the Civil Contingencies Secretariat (UK Cabinet Office) and meet the requirements of government and other organisations, helping to ensure that our graduates have the skills and knowledge to deal with complex and large-scale emergencies upon successful completion of the course.
Modules from this programme can be taken forward and count towards the MSc in Emergency Management and Resilience qualification.
Emergency and Incident Management course at Coventry University understands the current challenges facing our incident response and emergency management community, and so our curriculum and assessment is designed and constantly refreshed, making it suitable for those who are already working as well as those looking to embark on a career within the field.
Through the course you will explore how modern society is creating ever more complex risk and interdependency. The impact of features such as societal inequalities, social tension, extremism, global supply and economic instability, reliance on technology, severe weather conditions, pandemic disease and climate change means that there are currently many career opportunities in this field.
Upon successful completion of this course, you can expect to pursue or further a career in sectors including national and local government, public and uniformed services, healthcare, utilities, petrochemicals, environmental organisations, business or consultancy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Risk, Incidents and Leadership
- Emergency Planning and Preparedness
- Integrated Emergency Management: Policy and Issues
- Community Preparedness, Recovery and Resilience
- Supporting Transition to Postgraduate Study
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
If you’re an international student and are interested in applying for a Foundation year, HNC, HND or Degree course then you’ll need to apply to us directly.
DisciplinesRisk Management Public Policy Emergency & Disaster Management View 157 other Masters in Risk Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Relevant work experience and/or a professional development qualification.
- A 2:2 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Applicants with a lower class of degree and/or professional experience only will be individually considered and will usually be interviewed prior to being offered a place on the course.
- English as a Foreign Language Participants whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written English language equivalent to IELTS 6.5 overall with no component less than 5.5, or TOEFL 600. If you have IELTS 6.0 you may be eligible to study our online pre-sessional English course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5650 GBP per year during 12 months.
National3533 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3533 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.