The fields of humanitarian action, disaster risk reduction, community resilience, climate change adaptation and sustainability increasingly overlap. Professionals working with those most vulnerable to the impacts of conflict and disaster must have an integrated understanding of policy and practice across these themes to ensure a holistic approach.
Our part-time students are often sponsored by their employers. Successful completion of this postgraduate level qualification should provide the credibility needed to progress in your organisation and career.
When you graduate, you can pursue or further a career in sectors including national and local government, NGO’s, UN organisations and other regional organisations, healthcare or consultancy.
Our current teaching staff and the university’s Talent Team can support your search for employment in the UK or overseas by making use of our 25 years of alumni network industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Disaster Risk, Resilience, Adaption and Sustainability
- Humanitarian Principles, Preparedness and Response
- Community Preparedness, Recovery and Resilience
- Disaster Interventions, Evaluation and Learning
- Supporting Transition to Postgraduate Study
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesRisk Management Emergency & Disaster Management View 159 other Masters in Risk Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Relevant work experience and/or a professional development qualification.
- A 2:2 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline. Applicants with a lower class of degree and/or professional experience only will be individually considered and will usually be interviewed prior to being offered a place on the course.
- English as a Foreign Language Participants whose first language is not English must demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written English language equivalent to IELTS 6.5 overall with no component less than 5.5, or TOEFL 600. If you have IELTS 6.0 you may be eligible to study our online pre-sessional English course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5533 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5533 GBP per year during 12 months.
National3466 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3466 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Coventry
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.