The EUREkA - Chemistry of Materials program from University of Bordeaux, which is fully customizable, focuses on general scientific objectives that favor an interdisciplinary and rational research approach. These scientific objectives are based on the function-through-structure materials design, which includes: (i) the control of complexity, (ii) the rational design and (iii) the instrumental control over (nano)structures of tailored-made materials.
This approach is implemented via three specific educational and research axes which are:
- Advanced Functional Polymer Materials
- Advanced Functional Inorganic Materials
- Advanced Functional Hybrid & Colloidal Materials
After this Master program?
The ultimate goal of the EUREkA UBGrad program is to educate top-level, next-generational academic and industrial leaders who bring a strong innovational approach to the fields of Functional Polymers, Inorganic and Hybrid & Colloidal materials.
Graduates may pursue an academic career as PhD students or an industrial career as engineers.
- Chemical bonding
- Elaboration of materials from inorganic to polymers
- Chemistry of materials taught by international visiting professors
- Project with an entrepreneurship angle in a UBx laboratory
- Industrial seminars
- Internship of 3 to 4 months
- Batteries and alternative energies taught by international visiting professors
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry View 34 other Masters in Chemistry in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must hold a Bachelor degree with honors or 4-year/240 ECTS equivalent in chemistry and/or physics with a focus on materials science.
- Candidates must send a CV, cover letter and transcript of previous grades. Selected candidates will be called for an interview.
International3770 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3770 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bordeaux
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.