The M.Sc. Library and Information Science course at Savitribai Phule Pune University lays stress on proper appreciation of trends rather than technical skills like classification and cataloguing. The project work will give the student proper grounding in technical writing. The total course is envisaged to enable them to organize library services in furtherance of institutional objectives. The programme is conducted in Regular and Vocational batches.
- The course participants are required to work on a supervised research project or supervised field work, thus integrating the book and field view.
- Teaching methods are participative and collaborative and integrate intellectual, emotional and political engagement.
- The visiting faculty includes renowned scholars and activists.
- Information Communication
- Information Technology
- Management of Libraries and Information Centres
- Knowledge Organisation, Information Processing
- Information, Communication & Society
- Information Services & Systems
- Information Retrieval
- Multimedia Application Development
- Library & Users
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLibrary Science Informatics & Information Technology View 5 other Masters in Library Science in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The course shall be open to graduates (in any subject) of the university and any other university recognised by it.
- Passport (first and last page copy)
- Visa copy
- Updated R.P. copy
- All documents need to be translated into English
- It is mandatory that the mark sheet is attested by the Ministry of Education or the Indian Embassy in your country or your Country Mission, i.e. your Embassy or Consulate in India.
- If the marksheet is from a Foreign University, an Association of Indian Universities (AIU) Equivalence Certificate is mandatory.
- English proficiency: all foreign students from non-English speaking countries have to take the English Proficiency Test (EPT)
International26 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26 USD per year during 24 months.
National26 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26 USD per year during 24 months.
- University entrance fee (International): $1097
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.