- The Education programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- Currently the programs being run in the Department are M.Ed. (General), M.A. (Education) and Ph.D. in Education.
- The Department of Education is a Nodal Research Centre of Panjab University for conducting Ph.D. program in Education. Regular Ph.D. Course Work is organized for Ph.D. scholars registered in Department.
- The faculty of Department is actively engaged in research pursuits. Research work in new and challenging areas is being pursued by faculty as well as research scholars and students at Masters level. Each faculty member of Department is entitled to enroll Eight Indian research scholars and one foreign scholar for supervising doctoral research.
Programme StructureVision Of The Department
- To prepare teacher educators who have sound knowledge base, essential professional skills and human qualities.
- To break new grounds in educational research, nurture the existing potentials and encourage inter-disciplinary and collaborative research.
- To groom prospective teachers to meet the challenges encountered by advancements in the use of ICT in classroom instructions.
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For Indian Nationals: Passed one of the following examinations from a recognized University:i)B.A. with (Hons) in Education obtaining 50% marks in aggregateORii) B.Sc. (Hons.) SchoolORiii) A Bachelor’s degree obtaining at least 45% marks in the subject/course of Education or 50% marks in aggregateProvided that:-Bachelor’s degree in any stream with 50% marks and B.Ed. from any recognized Indian University.ORBachelor’s degree with 50% marks having studied at least one of these subjects viz. Education/Philosophy/ Psychology/ Sociology/ Public Administration/ History/ Economics/Geography/Political Science/Anthropology.ORiv)Master’s degree in any other subjectB) For Foreign Nationals:50% marks or equivalent grade in graduate degree/equivalent degree in any discipline from Foreign University having certified by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
International105 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 105 USD per year during 24 months.
National105 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 105 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 7750
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.