- This subject is offered only in a few universities in India and this department has made a significant mark by the way of academic contribution in terms of research and collaborative work. It is an excellent center for post-graduate studies and research with several facilities and resources that are available for the students and researchers to take benefit of. The departmental library and archival facilities such as, an image library, research journals and rare books on related subjects, are excellent and adjacent to the study area. The Master's in History of Art is a programme structured to have international appeal as the course covers the history of art of Egypt, Middle East, Europe, America, South East Asia and Far East in addition to the history of Indian art and architecture. Because of this the department attracts students from different parts of the world.
- Society means a heterogeneous community of people. The Department of Art History and Visual Arts at the Panjab University has been putting in all possible endeavors and resources available to it to reach the goal of building an ideal society of gradual development and long time sustenance with interdisciplinary activities where faculty and students of the university and the public are invited to participate in lectures and demonstrations by artists, art historians and scholars from different disciplines. The focus, primarily, is on areas such as the art and architecture of North India, which includes Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh, Iconography and Modern Indian Art. The mushrooming of galleries and emergence of art as investment have created a demand for the services of experts and professionals in various art related fields.
- Modern Indian Art
- Indian Aesthetics & Textual Sources
- Indian Architecture, Sculpture and Painting
- Art and Architecture of Punjab
- Western Art
- Southeast Asian Art
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A person who who has passed one of the following examinations shall be eligible:(1) B.A. (Pass) examination with 45 per cent marks in any of the following subjects:(a) Art (b) Music (c) Psychology (d) Philosophy (e) Sociology (f) Sanskrit(g) History (h) English (i) Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology (j) Home Science (k) any one of the Modern Indian Languages/Classical languages (2) B.A. (Pass)/B.Sc. (Home Science) examination in second division with at least 50 per cent marks in the aggregate.(3) B.F.A./Bachelor of Architecture examination with at least 45 per cent marks in the aggregate(4) Master's examination in any subject.Provided he/she qualifies in an aptitude test conducted by the Department of Art History and Visual Arts as per guidelines laid down by the concerned Board of Control.Criteria for admission will be as follows: (i) Aptitude Test - 40%, (ii) Academic Weightage - 60%
International168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 168 USD per year during 24 months.
National168 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 168 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 12,500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.