- This makes the School of Communication Studies, the pioneer in journalism education in India. Presently, as per the Times Higher Education World University Rankings released on 5th September 2017, Under the Category Communication and Media Studies, SCS stand at 2nd position in India. The Journalism and Mass Communication programme is offered at the Panjab University.
- The School of Communication Studies has been awarded with the prestigious Chanakya award, for the ' Business Communication School of the Year (National) 2011-2012', by the Global Conclave of Public Relations Council of India and Indy's award for Excellence in Mass Communication in the year 2013 by the Stars of the Industry Awards.
- Our faculty members have Research Fellowship, Projects, International Fellowship and International Best Research paper award to their credit and continue to act as consultants and trainers beyond the classroom. They are editors and serve as members of the editorial boards in Research Journals of repute. The part-time/visiting faculty of the School comprises of eminent, veteran and award-winning reporters, columnists, authors, magazine editors, documentary filmmakers, and digital media specialists.
- The School prepares the students to perform a vital and challenging function of searching for the truth in complicated situations, usually under a time constraint, and communicating it in a clear, engaging manner to the public through our Print Journalism course. It also prepares the students in other professional fields of Media Management, Advertising, Online Communication, Public Relations and Graphic Design.
- The School strives to adapt to changes in the profession, to respond to new developments in the way news is delivered and to prepare students to work in different environments. The coursework and syllabi are regularly updated to be in tune with the latest industry trends. In over 70 years the school has produced alumni who work not only in traditional journalism careers as reporters, editors and broadcasters, but also are public relations executives, media entrepreneurs, advertising professionals, web publishers and journalism educators.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media View 13 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in India
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Passed one of the following examinations from a recognized university: Bachelor's degree in any discipline with 50% marks in aggregate. OR Bachelor's degree with at least 45% marks in the subject of Journalism & Mass Communication OR Bachelor's degree with Hons.. in the subject of Journalism & Mass Communication. OR Master's degree in any other subject
International216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 216 USD per year during 24 months.
National216 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 216 USD per year during 24 months.
- Rs. 16,000/- plus charges
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.