Throughout the Advanced Materials Chemistry course you'll study the functional roles of nanocomposites and inorganic solids, develop an understanding of the interplay between structure and observed properties, and explore investigation methods. You'll also study biomimetic and supramolecular approaches in materials chemistry.
You'll study under the Chemistry team who are comprised of academic and support staff that are subject experts in organic, inorganic, physical and analytical chemistry. Teaching and student satisfaction are very important to us and we have won awards and recognition for this aspect of our work.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Trent University we know that your employability and job prospects are crucial factors in your choice of university. You need to know that your postgraduate degree will be worth the time and money you spend on it.
Our strength lies in the relevance of our degrees to the real world. In all subject areas, we encourage you to recognise your transferable skills and its application to a multitude of careers. By taking an MRes in Advanced Materials Engineering you will benefit from the progressive development of a variety of skills, such as advanced laboratory techniques and the critical analysis and synthesis of a breadth and depth of relevant chemistry-specific research.
- Physical Properties of Solid-state and Nano-composite Materials
- Inorganic Chemistry Beyond the Molecule
- Research Methods and Independent Study
- Research Project
- MRI Contrast Agents
- Peptide-mineral Interactions
- Small Molecule Approaches to the Elucidation of Protein Function
- Multiplexing, Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging
- Fluorescence Microscopy
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 245 other Masters in Chemistry in United Kingdom
- A UK honours degree (minimum 2.2) or equivalent subject including Chemistry, Forensics, Pharmacology and Pharmacy.
- Applicants with relevant employment experience or other relevant qualifications will also be considered.
International15850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15850 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National: £4,400
- International: £7,925
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.