You will systematically analyse and understand decision making in the context of economies and financial systems in a globalised world.
You will learn to critically evaluate the behaviour of key players in economies and financial systems and to assess the consequences for individuals, society or the sustainability of economic and financial development.
The Economics Banking and Finance course from Nottingham Trent University is distinctive for applying a strong policy focus, particularly emphasising aspects of financial development, stability and crises as well as sustainability.
You will have the opportunity to work hands-on with economic tools and techniques, including the use of our state-of the-art Business Lab.
Careers and employability
At Nottingham Business School, we’re focused on your employability from the start of your postgraduate degree. We provide you with a learning experience that integrates theory and practice.
With its distinctive features, this course will be particularly attractive if you seek a career in Banking and Finance in the private or public sector. The wide range of analytical and personal skills acquired throughout the course will qualify you for a variety of other graduate roles in and outside academia such as management, consultancy or teaching.
- Principles of Economics
- Using Quantitative Data in Economic Analysis
- Economics of Banking and Finance
- Financial Systems in the Global Economy
- Financial Regulation, Supervision and Monetary Policy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as soon as you are able as we may close the course if it is full.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 867 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above) in one of the following fields: economics, business, management, finance or another social science-related subject (containing quantitative methods at level 1 as a minimum), or a quantitatively-based subject such as science, engineering or maths.
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
- One academic reference is required.
International18000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Nottingham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.