About this Degree
The Master of Science Degree Programme in Resource Efficiency in Architecture and Planning from HafenCity University Hamburg (HCU) aims to enable participants to promote sustainable architecture and urban development in different geographical and cultural settings.
Lectures and seminars are grouped around the central project work: real-time, real-world case studies, in which students, with help and guidance from faculty, develop recommendations and solutions for applied tasks.
The REAP programme consists of 17 study modules taught over 2 academic years. During their studies, REAP students will obtain knowledge and skills within the following areas:- Sustainability - Water, Material and Energy Cycles in the city - Resource efficient urban technologies and infrastructure - Economics and administration of buildings and urban services - Legal and policy instruments - Urban Planning on different scales- Skills development: dimensioning, preception, assessment and decision making in the field of sustainable resource technologies- Research methods and decision support techniques
- Facets of Sustainability
- Methods of Integrative and Urban Planning
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Legal and Economic Instruments
- Cross-Curricular Programme
- Urban Energy Flows
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture Environmental Management View 20 other Masters in Environmental Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelors degree or recognised equivalent from an accredited institution in Architecture, Urban Planning, Economics, Humanities or others with focus on REAP related fields
- Relevant work experience (this may have been gained prior to or while being enrolled at university)
- Demonstrated strong interest as well as personal aims and objectives for the study in the Master of Science REAP programme
- All applicants from countries in which the official language is not English are required to submit official evidence of English language proficiency
- Proof of a functional stay of minimum one year in an anglophone country
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Each semester, HCU Students have to pay an enrolment fee. As of wintersemester 2018/2019, this fee will be approximatley 320 Euro per semester.
Living costs for Hamburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.