The primary objective of the interdisciplinary Space Science MSc Program, offered in collaboration by the College of Science (COS), College of Engineering (COE), College of Humanities & Social Science (CHSS) and College of IT (CIT) at United Arab Emirates University, with the support of National Space Science and Technology Center (NSSTC), is to serve as a thorough and effective academic exposure of Space Sciences and Technology for students aspiring to build careers in the space sector.
It also includes a compulsory internship experience at space research institutes in the UAE. It has been conceived and designed to comprise course content covering various space-related disciplines to give students an extensive exposure to the broader domain of space science, allowing them to pursue their careers in space-related areas.
What you'll study
The emphasis will be on science related themes (e.g. Space Physics, Planetary Sciences, Astronomy, Planetary Atmospheres etc.) but the program will also feature a technology component (Spacecraft Systems, GIS, Remote Sensing, Space Instrumentation etc.) to impart necessary knowledge of the tools, techniques and applications used to conduct space research.
- Serve the life‐long learning needs of the UAE’s space science sector and develop the graduate students' attitude to acquire further learning experiences and motivate them to get engaged in Ph.D. or advanced training programs.
- Provide efficient and productive educational environment to carry out fundamental and applied research to deal with national and international space science challenges.
- Strengthen the collaboration between UAE University and the national, regional and international stakeholders in the space sector.
- Enrich the community and industry with quality technical assistance and highly qualified national manpower to lead the national space development plans.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Develop thorough understanding and professional skills by making use of appropriate literature and research resources.
- Evaluate complex inter-disciplinary challenges to be resolved through space science and technology.
- Formulate and carry forward space science research and development by applying scientific principles in Space Sciences.
- Create innovative Space Systems solution through mission-specific projects.
- Compose scientific results in the form of research publications, presentations, thesis and reports.
- Design solutions to multi-faceted space science problems both systematically and analytically as part of a diverse team.
- Spacecraft Systems
- Spacecraft Dynamics and Attitude Control
- Space Physics
- Astronomy & Astrophysics
- Remote Sensing of Terrestrial and Planetary Surfaces
- Digital Image Processing in RS
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 3 other Masters in Astronomy & Space Sciences in United Arab Emirates
- A cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, in all undergraduate work;
- A Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from an accredited university recognized by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research; and
- A score of at least 6.0 on the IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Academic exam or equivalent, for all disciplines delivered predominantly in English
International10700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 535 EUR per credit during 18 months.
National10700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 535 EUR per credit during 18 months.
2300 Fee per Credit Hour (AED)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.