Optical communications are integral to modern digital society, as the only technology capable of handling large amounts of data over long distances, upon which networks rely. Moreover, the continual development of new online services requires sustaining an ever-increasing traffic capacity, which runs squarely into information-theory transmission limits and an uncontrolled energy consumption both.
The expertise in optical solutions acquired by our M2 Optical Networks and Photonics Systems students at Paris-Saclay University is in demand not only in the Information Technology industry and academic research institutes, but translates to other applications as well in the health industry, bioscience, energy, fabrication technologies, environment, and many others.
We aim to train engineers and researchers who can meet these challenges: design optical communication systems suited to given constraints and required applications; design cross-layer optical network architectures, from the physical layer to higher network layers; select optical components according to their performances among current and future solutions; and design the photonic devices needed for optical data processing and transport in future networks.
The skills acquired in optical solutions enable students not only to respond to major challenges in the field of information technologies, but also to address other applications related to the health, biosciences and energy sectors, manufacturing technologies, the environment, and so on.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced and Next-Generation Optical Transmission Systems
- Digital Information Processing
- Error-Correcting Codes and Coded Modulations Applied to Optical Communications
- Future Trends in Optical Networks
- Optical Information Propagation and Point-to-Point Transmission Systems
- Optical Networks
- Optoelectronic Devices
- Photonic Systems Towards Other Applications
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The training is aimed at students who have already completed their first year of Master's M1 or equivalent in such fields as: electrical engineering, physics, communication systems engineering, etc.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- Curriculum EU (description of the units of education followed) of the last two years.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Letter of recommendation or internship evaluation.
- Certificate of English level (compulsory for non-English speakers).
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
- Choice sheet of M2 (obligatory for the candidates registered in M1 at the University Paris-Saclay)
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Tuition fees for Master degree programs: 243€
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.