The first semester of this M2 Fundamental Concepts of Physics program at Paris-Saclay University is dedicated to courses. Each student enrolls in a program in which he/she follows compulsory and optional courses. In exceptional cases, the student can include in his/her program one optional course from another area of study, in agreement with his/her head of studies.
In second semester, four optional courses will be chosen from any program. These optional courses must be approved by the head of the studies. Students are expected to complete an internship relevant to their course of study, April to June, in France or abroad.
The vast majority of graduates go on to doctoral studies, and some enter employment at Master's level (Bac+5)
Understand the fundamental physics of a field of research.
Know how to write a scientific report.
Work as part of a research laboratory.
- Advanced Statistical Physics
- Atoms and Photons
- Advanced Quantum Mechanics
- Computational and Data-Driven Physics
- General Relativity
- Condensed Matter Theory
- Light-Matter interaction in Quantum Nanostructures
- Electronic Structure Theory
- Physics of Fluids and Non Linear Physics
- History of a Dark Universe
- Waves in Disordered Media and Localization Phenomena
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Excellent broad-based foundation in physics. Good command of mathematical tools.
- Proficiency in English.
- All transcripts of the years / semesters validated since the high school diploma at the date of application.
- Selection sheet completed (to download on the training website).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- VAP file (obligatory for all persons requesting a valuation of the assets to enter the diploma).
Choice sheet of M2 (obligatory for the candidates registered in M1 at the University Paris-Saclay).(Choosing your program between theoretical physics, quantum physics, condensed-matter physics and soft matter and biological physics is mandatory.)
International243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
National243 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 243 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Paris
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.