The term “software engineering” was coined in 1968, during the NATO conference in Garmish. It was used in response to the problems associated with a software development that then still young IT sector was facing. Although more than 40 years have passed, the software development in many IT companies is still chaotic. Software is frequently delivered after the deadline, it costs much more than anticipated at the beginning, developers are often forced to work over-hours, and despite all these efforts, the software that is delivered does not meet customer needs and contains too many defects.
Since 1998, Poznan University of Technology offers a M.Sc. program in Software Engineering and Computing. The curriculum aims at providing graduates with the necessary knowledge and skills to perform three important roles in IT projects:
- Project Manager – project management methodologies, risk management, planning (size and effort estimation of software development);
- Analyst – business process modeling, elicitation of functional and non-functional requirements for information systems, and preparation of acceptance tests;
- Architect, senior developer – object-oriented design, software architectures, real-time systems, and software testing.
- Software Design and Modeling
- Project Management
- Software Development Studio 1
- Technologies of Software Development
- Database Performance
- Communication in English / Polish
- Basics of OHS
- New Trends in Multimedia Technologies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Poznan University of Technology and/or in Poland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Obligatory documents for the master’s degree:
International3166 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1583 EUR per semester during 18 months.
EU/EEA3166 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1583 EUR per semester during 18 months.
6600 PLN (1391 EUR)/ per each following semester
Living costs for Poznan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.