Environmental change plays a central role in modern societies, to the point that a sustainable management of the environment currently represents one of the most important open challenges for humanity.
Addressing this challenge requires a multidisciplinary approach that overcomes the usual boundaries of scientific disciplines. In this context, the Master program in Environmental Change and Global Sustainability from The University of Milan provides advanced expertise in the hard- and life-science components of environmental studies as well as in their economic- and social-science components.
The general goal is to train students to tackle environmental change and sustainability in a multidisciplinary perspective. Students will therefore be provided with both a solid knowledge of the dynamics of the different components of the environment and a deep understanding of the tools required to promote its sustainable management and protection.
The main peculiar quality of ECGS graduates is their ability to tackle environmental change and sustainability in a multidisciplinary perspective. This ability benefits of advanced expertise in the hard- and life-science components of environmental studies as well as in their economic- and social-science components. In this context, five professional profiles ECGS graduates can achieve are listed below:
- Environmental manager in agro-food, energy and green economy companies as well as in other companies in the industrial and service sectors;
- Environmental specialist in the public administration as well as in local governments;
- Environmental specialist in supra and international bodies as well as in national and international non-governmental organizations.
- Specialist in environmental impact studies and strategic environmental assessments;
- Specialist in environmental analysis and monitoring.
- Further employment opportunities of ECGS graduates concern research positions at universities and research institutions as well as teaching at the secondary school level.
- Approaches to the Study of Ecological Systems
- Biodiversity Dynamics and Conservation
- Environmental Economics and Policy
- Quantitative Methods
- Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics and Policy
- Chemistry of Natural Processes and Technologies for the Environment
- Geodiversity: Theory and Applications
- Statistical Methods in Environmental Studies
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Environmental Management View 22 other Masters in International Development in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Moreover, in all the above cases, knowledge of the English language is required at level B2 or higher, according to the classification provided by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Native English speakers and graduates from university first-level programmes entirely taught in English are exempted from producing any such language qualification.
- Students without a documented B2 level may be accepted on condition that their level of English proficiency, assessed during the interview, is evidently good.
- In entrance, optional training activities are provided to facilitate the integration of students from different first level degrees and from different universities
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- The first instalment EUR 156
- The second instalment differ based on ISEE, the degree programme, the student status (on track / off track), the citizenship.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.