The main goal of the Molecular Biotechnology and Bioinformatics Master degree from The University of Milan, is to give the students a broad theoretical and practical background needed to apply their knowledge to any biological/biotechnology problems.
Specific goal of MB&B is to provide a deep and up-to-date knowledge in the following core subjects.
The MB&B Master degree provides employment opportunities in the following areas:
- management of production facilities in the biotechnological industry, including diagnostics, chemicals, and agro-food industry; promotion of scientific development and technological innovation in Research & Development in different industrial settings;
- service management in areas related to industrial biotechnology, as well as in Quality Control laboratories; research laboratories in both private and public institutions.
Graduates will be able to operate, in their fields of specialization, at a high level of responsibility, managing the ethical, technical and legal aspects of their work. In addition, thanks to its strong commitment to teaching a broad range of biotechnological disciplines, the MB&B Master degree is ideal to provide the background knowledge required for Ph.D. and other higher education courses.
The specific business contexts that the MB&B graduates can enter are, among others: the pharmaceutical industry, chemical industry, food industry, industry and services for environmental biotechnology, biotechnology service centers applying information technology, genomics and proteomics research laboratories of both public and private institutions.
- Biotechnological products and processes
- Functional genomics and bioinformatics
- Methods in bioinformatics
- Molecular and cellular microbiology
- Rational design and structural characterization of bioactive molecules
- Advanced molecular and cellular biotechnology
- Advanced plant cell biotechnology
- Protein engineering and molecular enzymology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Proficiency in English at a B1 level or higher, under to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission.The B1-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) upon admission as follows:
- By a language certification at or above B1, obtained no more than 3 years earlier. For the list of language certifications recognized by the University please review: https://www.unimi.it/en/study/language-proficiency/placement-tests-entr…. The certification must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- By the English level achieved during a Bachelor's degree programme through SLAM courses and tests. The certificates must be less than four years old, and will be assessed administratively, without the applicant having to attach any certificates;
- By the English level assessed through a computer-based test during a Bachelor's degrees obtained at the University of Milan.
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- First instalment: 156 EUR per semester
- Second instalment: varies according to ISEE University value, degree program and student status
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.