The master course is organized in three programs, two held in Italian and one in English. The first two programs share a common first year, dedicated to the acquisition of basic knowledge, followed by specific pathways oriented:
- to the use of the biotechnologies in identifying new targets and designing new drugs ("Biotecnologie nella ricerca e sviluppo del farmaco") and
- to the development, production, formulation, and evaluation of biotechnological drugs ("Biotecnologie nella ricerca e sviluppo del farmaco").
The third program, "Pharmacogenomics and Precision Therapeutics", held in English, is more focused to the recent innovative biotechnological drugs, such as cell and gene therapies.
The occupational possibilities for the Pharmaceutical Biotechnology graduates from The University of Milan, are:
- teaching and research activity in public and private Universities;
- research activity in public research institutes;
- research and development in pharma and biotech companies;
- teaching in secondary schools;
- clinical monitoring.
In addition, graduates will be able to participate in the creation and management of biotech companies in the field of pharmaceutical and diagnostic products.
- Biology of development and differentiation
- Metabolic and Functional Biochemistry
- Molecular virology
- Physiology of Integrated systems
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Candidates should have a knowledge of English at or above B2 level, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- The B2-level requirement will be ascertained by the University Language Centre (SLAM) upon admission as follows:
- Language certificate at or above B2, obtained no more than 3 years prior to submission.
- English level achieved during a Bachelor's degree programme through SLAM courses and tests. The test must have been passed within the last four years.
- In case of transfer from another degree programme or from another university, the procedures for admission to years subsequent to the first will be set out by the Academic Board.
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- The first instalment EUR 156
- The second instalment differ based on ISEE, the degree programme, the student status (on track / off track), the citizenship.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.