The quantitative approach requires a physical understanding of biological phenomena and the development of mathematical and computational tools for the analysis, understanding, and redesign of biological systems.
The aim is to train a new generation of experts with integrated skills in biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics and computer science, able to perform accurate experimental measurements and apply predictive theoretical models, to explain biological complexity.
Quantitative biology uses emerging technological and computational capabilities to model biological processes for biotechnological applications such as protein and metabolic engineering, drug discovery and synthetic biology.
The Master's degree in Quantitative Biology from The University of Milan, provides employment opportunities in research institutes and industry in the areas of bio-nano-technologies, bio-pharmaceutical research, and in the development of high-tech research instrumentation.
- Cell biophysics
- Mathematical modeling for Biology
- Measurement of nanoscale interactions in biological systems and data analysis
- Principle of spectroscopy and applications to quantitative biology
- Advanced molecular biology
- Integrated structural biology
- Molecular biophysics
- Programming in Python
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Italian or foreign citizens who have a Bachelor's degree (Italian Laurea Triennale or equivalent) in Biotechnology (L-2 class and previous class 1) and Biological Sciences (L13 class) are admitted.
- Knowledge of English is a requirement for the access to the QB Master degree. Students should have acquired beforehand a B2 level certification (vantage or upper intermediate, as defined by the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment). Students without a B2 level certification may be accepted on condition that their level of English proficiency, assessed during the interview, is evidently good.
- The adequate personal preparation of the candidates, their ability to communicate in English and their motivation are decisive elements for the admission and they are going to be verified and tested during an admission interview. Knowledge of Italian is not required for attendance.
International312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 156 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- The first instalment EUR 156
- The second instalment differ based on ISEE, the degree programme, the student status (on track / off track), the citizenship.
Living costs for Milano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.