Special emphasis is given to methodological and conceptual aspects as a prerequisite for independent scientific work.
The career prospects for graduates of the Biodiversity, Ecology and Evolution programme of the University of Greifswald are primarily in the scientific (universities, universities of applied sciences, research institutes), but also in other governmental (environmental authorities, water management offices, political consulting, museums, botanical and zoological gardens) and economic sectors (e.g. expert and planning offices, plant protection and food industry).A further qualification with a doctorate is possible after graduation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The spectrum of methods integrated in the master’s programme is very diverse. Knowledge will be gained in the following fields:
- Ecological field and laboratory methods
- Recording and analysis of biodiversity
- Palaeoecological analyses
- Modelling, GIS analyses
- behavioural analysis, telemetry
- Morphological analyses (histology, TEM, REM, μCT, CLSM)
- Phylogenetic analyses
- Population Genetics
- Environmental analytical methods (TOC, HPLC, GC, GC-MS)
- Microbiological analyses, immunology
- Quantitative and molecular genetics
- Protein biochemical analyses
- Database Management
- Statistical analyses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Ecology Genetics View 83 other Masters in Biology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree in biological, environmental or life sciences or closely related degrees with at least 50 % of credit points from the biological field on subjects such as zoology, botany, ecology, evolution, or physiology is required. The examination board decides on exemption from the admission requirements.
- English at level B2 (CEFR) is required. Equivalent proof: FCE, IELTS 5.0, TOEFL (PBT) 567, TOEFL (CBT) 227, TOEFL (IBT) 80, TOEIC 785) or alternatively evidence of minimum seven years of school English.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- A Semester Fee of € 89,50 (or € 112.00 for freshers) must be paid every semester
Living costs for Greifswald
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.