The program, which mainly covers natural science (environment and ecology), is supplemented by contents from the fields of the humanities and economics, in particular through the integration of landscape economics and environmental ethics. A substantial proportion of elective modules allow for high individuality and flexibility of your study content and study schedules.
The Landscape Ecology and Nature Conservation program of the University of Greifswald has a research-oriented character, so that you are able to plan, realise, and interpret complex research tasks. Furthermore, you will learn to analyse and evaluate problems of landscape ecology, ecosystems or nature conservation from different points of view.
Graduates of the M.Sc. course Landscape Ecology and Nature Conservation can pursue a career in landscape and nature conservation research, national and international nature conservation organisations and associations, landscape planning and consultancy offices, environmental and nature conservation administration or private companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Landscape Ecology and Economics
- Ethics and Environment
- International Excursion
- Research Internship
- Personal profiling
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- 15 July for German students
- 15 December for EPOS Scholarship applicants
- 1 March for self-financed students
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation Natural Sciences Ecology View 18 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Prerequisite for admission is a graduation in a Bachelor degree course in the field of landscape ecology, biology, forestry or agricultural sciences. Graduates of other disciplines can be admitted after a case-by-case review, provided that there is a distinctive relation to environmental or nature conservation
- Certificate of first university degree (B.Sc.)
- Transcript of records of first university degree (B.Sc.)
- University entrance qualification
- Notice on the fulfillment of entrance conditions for the specific subject
- English certificate at level B2 (TOEFL or IELTS)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- A Semester Fee of € 89,50 (or € 112.00 for freshers) must be paid every semester
Living costs for Greifswald
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.